Rules of Membership
Category: Constitution and Rules
Published on Saturday, 22 November 2008 00:24
Written by Administrator
- All members will be expected to behave in an orderly manner.
- Members are personally liable for any damage caused to Society property through failure to adhere to the rules. Legal action may be taken if necessary.
- All keys to Society property are the property of the Society.
- Members may be asked to sign for any documents where the Executive Committee deems it necessary.
- The Society operates a strict no smoking policy.
- All adult members must join Swinton Bottom Club Ltd.; this will be administered by the Society.
- All members are bound by the relevant rules of Swinton Bottom Club Ltd.
- No person under the age of 16 years may go to the bar after 21:00.
- The Society's financial year is split in to four quarters defined as:
- Quarter 1 - April 1st to June 30th
- Quarter 2 - July 1st to September 30th
- Quarter 3 - October 1st to December 31st
- Quarter 4 - January 1st to March 31st
- The annual subscription shall be defined as:
- a single payment covering the membership for one year; Or
- four quarterly payments whose sum shall be equal to the single payment defined above.
- Payment can be made:
- by cash or cheque for members choosing single annual payment.
- by automated scheduled means such as a standing order for members choosing quarterly payment.
- cheque or cash payments are only available to members choosing the single payment option.
- Subscriptions shall become due:
- on April 1st for a renewal by single payment (defined in 10(a) above) and must be paid not later than April 30th.
- on the first day of each quarter for a renewal by automated quarterly payment (defined in 10(b) above) and must be paid not later than April 30th, July 31st,October 31st, and January 31st for each quarter respectively.
- for new members immediately following acceptance of their application; payment must be made within 28 days.
- Subscriptions for new members shall be calculated as the sum of quarterly payments for the remainder of the year including the quarter in which the application was accepted.
- Members paying quarterly subscriptions shall pay the quarterly subscription rate in effect on the first day of the quarter.
- All members renewing their subscription must complete and return their Subscription Renewal Notice no later than April 30th each year. Payments will no be accepted without a completed Subscription Renewal Notice.
- Children under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- Children between 13 and 18 years of age must have the consent of their parent or guardian to attend meetings or events unaccompanied. The committee may request that consent be given in writing.
- On reaching the age of 18 a Junior member is required to pay the appropriate Ordinary member subscription from the next quarterly renewal date when subscriptions fall due.
- In cases of genuine hardship a member may ask the Executive Committee to exercise its discretion and vary of defer subscription payments.
- Members must inform the Secretary, in writing, of any change of address.
- A quorum must be maintained in order for any business to be transacted at a meeting of the Executive Committee or at any General Meeting.
- Members must act in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and obey any rules or follow any guidance published by the Executive Committee relating to Health & Safety.
- In the interests of hygiene and the comfort of all members we regret that pets are not permitted in the Society's premises.
- No member may use the name of the Society or give the impression that any event or activity is sponsored, supported or arranged by the Society without the written permission of the Executive Committee.
- No fundraising may be undertaken Society without the written permission of the Executive Committee being obtained prior to the activity taking place and any sponsorship or donations solicited.
- Members wishing to submit proposals or amendments for consideration at a General Meeting must do so in writing to the Secretary at least 21 clear days prior to the date of the meeting. The proposal or amendment must be seconded.
- In addition to these rules members are bound by the:
These rules have been approved and adopted by the Executive Committee in accordance with clause D, sub-clause (9) of the Constitution and supersede all previous rules of membership.